Church of San Severino
Perched on Spello’s highest spot, on the viewpoint, with a magnificent view over the valley towards Assisi. It was the first parish church in Spello under the rule of the Camaldolite Abbey of San Silvestro di Collepino (seal of Alexander III in 1178).
It was renovated in 1180 during the rectorate of Rubeno, who according to some was the Bishop of Spello. The facade opposite the current one is what remains of the Romanesque church. In 1541, the baptistery was moved to San Lorenzo.
The Capuchins settled here in 1662. The church contains works by Francesco Massi, Giacinto Boccanera da Perugia and Alberto Durante da Borgo S. Lorenzo.