Church and Monastery of Vallegloria
The 13th-century church of Santa Maria di Vallegloria, with its plain facade divided into two orders made of stone from Mount Subasio, has a rectangular liturgical hall richly decorated with fine 16th and 17th-century frescoes by Marcantonio Grecchi and Ascensidonio Spacca, known as Il Fantino. Among the images, which depict scenes from the Old and New Testament and the scenes from the life of the Virgin, it is worth noting the fresco of the Annunciation above the high altar.
The monastery was founded in 1250 on the slopes of Mount Subasio, nowadays the hamlet known as Vallegloria Vecchio and moved to the current complex circa 1320. It was suppressed after the unification of Italy. The monastery later returned to housing the community of Poor Clares.