Church of San Martino
It sits in a pleasant scenic spot on a hill at the end of Viale Ciuffelli, a wonderful tree-lined avenue that was a very popular Promenade in the 1800s. It was built in the first half of the 15th century, on the site of the parish church of the town of Trevi, the place where baptisms could be celebrated. It features works by painter Pierantonio Mezzastris, his son Bernardino and Tiberio d’Assisi.
Chapel of San Girolamo
The chapel was built in 1512 commissioned by the Minerva family, originally from the mountain hamlet of Pettino, and based in Trevi and Spoleto. The will with the donation to build the small oratory, with the typical double windows on the sides of the door, bears the signature of Cesare Minerva.
The painting depicting Madonna in Glory among the angels and Saints Jerome, John the Baptist, Francis and Anthony of Padua is by Lo Spagna and dated 1512. On the background, there is the scenery of a lake with an ideal city. In 1713 it was closed to the public and only used by the convent and then even as a cemetery for friars.
It was reopened in 1837 following pressure from the population of Trevi. On the wall opposite the entrance door, a fresco by Tiberio d’Assisi with St. Emilian and the commissioning party portrayed kneeling down.
Madonna with Child
Above the portal, in a lunette, Madonna with Child between two adoring angels (Tiberio d’Assisi)
St. Martin sharing his cloak with a poor man and Madonna with Child and Saints (Bernardino Mezzastris)
Madonna Adoring the Child
Madonna Adoring the Child between musician angels and St. Francis and St. Anthony of Padua, by Pier Antonio Mezzastris.